A single record is installed in the package and should be edited to map key Opportunity fields to your own data and configuration.
These fields can be mapped:
- ExpectedRevenue – to use in summary calculations
- Next Steps – to use in show, editing, and adding next steps
- Deal Type – to use in the Deal Type filter options
- Amount – to use in place of the standard Amount field
Using a Custom Amount Field
Header Data – The Amount summary data will be replaced by the configurable field. The label is updated to indicate the field in use.
Opportunity Records – The configured field is used in the table view and in the popover data on the Kanban and Pipeline Health views for individual opportunities. The column heading and popover label are updated to reflect the field in use, and the change indicator labels show changes in the configured field.
Pipeline Flow – The configured field is used in the Pipeline Flow view and when you click to open the Opportunity details.
Setting up a Custom Amount Field
To setup a custom Amount Field:
- Update the Field Mappings custom metadata
- From within the Akoonu Pipeline Review app, click the settings button.
- Follow the instructions to initialize (or re-initialize) the Custom Amount History
Limitations: The custom Amount Field history is only tracked after it has been setup and initialized (through a Trigger on the Opportunity object). Therefore, the Amount change indicators (up/down arrows) and the Pipeline Flow amount changes can only report on changes made to the Opportunities after the custom field has been setup and initialized.