Group By Options allow users to group and subtotal deals in different ways in the Table View. Several options come out-of-the-box, and admins can add additional options through the Group By Option custom Metadata Type. Admins can also set which Group By Option is used by default.
- Add new records to create additional group by options in the Table View
- Fields can be from Opportunity (i.e., MyField__c’) or Account (i.e., ‘Account.Industry’)
- Choose the label to use in the menu
- Active / Deactivate options
- Set the Option as the Default Group By option. If more than one Group By Option is set as the Default, the first one selected alphabetically will be used.
Advanced Group By Options
There are three group by options that are installed with the package but set as Inactive. System admins can enable these options for users if it is desired to do so.
Opportunity Contact Lead Source
The Groups are shown in the order they appear in the LeadSource picklist on the Contact Object, followed by groups for “None” (the LeadSource field is empty) and “No Opportunity Contacts”
If an Opportunity has contacts with more than one unique Lead Source, the Opportunity will put the deal in all applicable groups, and its amount will be counted in each groups’ subtotal summary data. HOWEVER, it still is only counted once in the top Header Summary data.
Product Name and Product Family
The Groupings are sorted by the amount subtotal, followed by a group for “No Products on Opportunity”
If an Opportunity more than one Product (or Product Family), the deal will be put all applicable groups, and its amount will be counted in each groups’ subtotal summary data. HOWEVER, it still is only counted once in the top Header Summary data.